Chocolate coffee kisses recipe
We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate biscuits
This one's really easy to make and is perfect for Valentine's Day. Don't let the kids at them or you'll never get them to sleep!
Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK
5 people made this
- For the meringues
- 2 medium egg whites
- 115g caster sugar
- 75g dark chocolate, finely grated or chopped
- cocoa powder for dusting
- For the filling
- 250ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee, mixed with a little water to form a paste
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:1hr ›Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:2hr20min
- Preheat the oven to 140 C / Fan 120 C / Gas 1.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, grease free bowl until just stiff. Add the caster sugar bit by bit and continue whisking until the mixture is really stiff and glossy. Fold in the grated chocolate.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture into small fingers or rounds on a lined baking tray. You can place them quite close together as they won't change their shape. Dust with a little cocoa powder and bake for 1 hour until light and crisp on the outside. Turn off the oven and leave to cool for a further hour without opening the oven door.
- When you are ready to serve, whisk the cream and coffee until it starts to stiffen. Add the sugar, and keep whisking until it forms soft peaks.
- Spread a little of the cream onto half of the meringues and sandwich with one another in an "embrace". Dust with a little more cocoa powder and serve.