Caltabos a la Costi
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
I stole my husband's recipe: P and I'll post it. I don't give a damn about caltabos, but this year he did it differently than usual and it turned out absolutely delicious. The recipe is worth trying!
- 1 kg minced pork
- 200 gr pork bacon
- a cup of rice
- 2 carrots
- 3 onions
- thicker pork chops
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Bay leaves
- pretzels for serving
Tags: caltabos a la ribs, caltabos, christmas, christmas recipes, pork intestines, traditional romanian recipes, romanian recipes, christmas menu, holiday recipes, pork, caltabos recipe, caltabosi, homemade sausages, homemade sausage recipes
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
METHOD OF PREPARING THE RECIPE Caltabos at Cost:
Put the mats in cold water with vinegar. Chop the meat with the bacon. We clean and put the carrot on the large grater. We clean and chop the onion coarsely. Wash the rice and drain. Mix onion, carrot, meat and meat in a bowl and mix. Add the rice and ketchup diluted with water and mix. We match the taste of salt, pepper and thyme. We fill the mats with the meat composition and tie them at the ends. Place the caltabos in a pot, cover with water, put bay leaves and simmer for about an hour. When the caltabos are cooked, add them to the pretzel pot and let them boil for a while. We take out the caltabos and drain them. Good appetite!
The pretzels boiled in caltabosi juice are particularly tasty.
Before we put them to boil, the caltabos must be pricked from place to place.
Recipe of caltabos (cartabos). Christmas traditions
Our main holiday, Christmas, gathers souls and reduces the distances between people, calls home those who have left, to reunite families and makes those who feel anchored in a better future and together, nullifying any shadow of the past. Once again, as every year, the Nativity calms the waters and offers a potential state of grace in which everyone can be reborn. A rebirth with more innocence, to go beyond good and evil, and with more compassion, so that everyone may unfeignedly humanize his surroundings and sow the arid wild capitalism. Unfortunately, consumerism and kitsch strive and often manage to stifle the Christmas atmosphere, cut its roots and pervert its message. As a result, it would be good to remind those who, by polishing themselves, are over-enrolled, during this period, in the race of & # 8220a had & # 8221 that, at Christmas, the birth of Jesus is celebrated, birth not in a palace but in a sheep manger. A manger of sheep! What a symbolic charge! This manger sends such a strong message that you feel it said directly in front of you. This message forces the body to bow its head a little and gives the soul freedom, to joy. Therefore, I hope that at Christmas you have, first of all, joy in your soul.
As the account at home does not match the one at the fair, it seems that for me, what I cook does not match what I write, so after a trip around, I see myself in front of the subject on the plate, namely the caltaboş. Caltabos recipe presents many variations, from house to house, in terms of combinations, smells and technique, but all recipes aim to capitalize on the pig's organs, organs that, on top of that, are the same, regardless of the pig's home area. That they put all or according to the local custom, part of the liver, heart, bacon, lean meat, spleen, kidneys, lung, that they put rice or not, blood and onions, that they chop with the butcher or they all put in the machine, the caltaboş or the cartabos, or as in Oltenia, the mats, have their place reserved on any Christmas table. In fact, in ancient times, this homemade sausage was also called the Christmas bag. Together with the drum and the leper, it forms the triplet that completes the right capitalization of the pig slaughtered by Ignat.
Necessary for the caltabos recipe
- entrails & # 8211 1 piece liver, 1 piece lung (old), 2 pieces spleen, heart & # 8211 to be 1.5-2 kg
- 500 gr of breaded fatty meat
- 2 onions
- 150-200 gr rice
- thick pork chops
- salt, pepper, allspice, coriander, nutmeg, marjoram (to taste)
1. Boil the organs and fatty meat in water with a little salt, pepper, coriander and bay leaves, for about an hour, to be well done. We take them out and let them cool. After they have cooled, we cut them into small cubes with a knife. Whoever prefers, can chop them by car. The salted mats (if we have them from the trade) are left in cold water to dissolve and desalinate.
2. Wash the rice and boil it for 2-3 minutes to keep it firm and not swell too badly. Finely chop the onion and temper it briefly. Mix the mince with the rice, the hardened onion. Add salt, a tablespoon of freshly ground pepper, one tablespoon of ground coriander, 6-7 allspice seeds crushed in a mortar, a nutmeg powder. Everyone can choose what spices they want. Do not use already ground spices that are of little value because they have lost their flavor and taste over time. Add 2 tablespoons of the juice in which the organs were boiled and mix well. Let the taste mature for 20-30 minutes.
3. Fill the mats, without overcrowding the composition, and tie them with string at the ends. Once the mats are filled, we prick them with a needle, on most sides, to allow the caltabos to lose the air inside and not to break the mat. Put the caltabos in the pot with the juice left over from boiling the organs and cook them for 15-20 minutes. By boiling, the mat will tighten and strengthen the caltaboş.
4. Remove the caltaboş in a tray and let it cool. We can put a heavier shredder on it, press it a little. We let him spend a night over it and the next day he is just right to eat. The caltaboş can be smoked and thus it is kept longer or it can be fried a little (so whole, in the mat) and put in the garnish with lard. It is eaten very well with mustard, jute or horseradish.
Ingredients needed for caltaboş
- 2.5 kilograms of pork offal (liver, kidney, spleen, heart)
- 250 grams of fatty pork
- 700 grams of white onions
- a large cup of rice
- 4 bay leaves
- a cleaned head of garlic
- a tablespoon of ground ground nutmeg
- a tablespoon of grated allspice
- 100 grams of lard
- well-washed pork cheeks
- ground black pepper
- a tablespoon peppercorns
Pork tenderloin with sauce
The fresh meat (preferably from the nape of the neck) is passed through the mincer, together with the liver and the two onions. Add the washed rice, salt and pepper to taste to the mince and mix well. This composition fills the pig's intestine, which has been tied at one end. other than the specific smell of meat). After the whole composition has been put on, the intestine is connected to the other end and placed in a vessel of suitable size, with enough water to cover it. Put the tomato paste, peppercorns and allspice and bay leaves in the water. Boil over low heat.
After boiling, place the dish in the oven, where it is left for 10 minutes. Then, the caltaboş is portioned and served hot with the juice in which it boiled and with the polenta, separately.
Caltabos with pork chops - Transylvanian recipe like at home mom
With the arrival of Christmas, the cooks start to prepare the traditional Romanian food and to show how skilled they are. Mothers and grandmothers will prepare, sarmale, caltabos, lebar.
- Pig organs, liver, kidneys, lungs
- Mate for caltabos
- Pork with fat & # 8211 500 grams
- Lard from the jumari
- A cup of rice
- A tablespoon of sweet paprika
- Onions - 3 pieces
Preparation & # 8211 Transylvanian Caltabos with pork chops
Wash all organs very well, in several waters, until the water comes out clean and cleans the organs of all dirt. The kidneys must be cut in half and cleaned of the skin, after which all the organs are boiled, and then left to cool.
Meanwhile, prepare the pork, cut it into small pieces, put it on the fire and prepare the good and tasty Romanian scallops like at home. The lard must be stored and used for cooking. Cut the three onions and fry in lard from the jumari, and then let both the onion and the jumari cool.
Boil a cup of rice in two cups of water with a little salt until all the water is absorbed, and then leave it to cool.
Mix the organs with rice, onions, lard and scallops, add salt and pepper to taste or any other spices you like.
After washing the mats until they come out clean, fill them with the caltabos composition, and if it is broken somewhere, sew well. The mats are also sewn at the ends so that the composition does not come out of them.
A little longer and the caltabos is ready, everything that was hard has passed, and now comes the easiest part, boil water with plenty of water to cover the caltabos. When the water boils and boils, add the caltabos and let it boil.
Caltabosii are boiled one by one, one by one. When the caltabos swells, prick it with a toothpick, so that the fat comes out of it and does not crack. If the caltabos swells several times, it stings each time, otherwise you risk breaking.
Boil on low heat for about 45 minutes, until well boiled, and then remove from the water. The recipe is ready and you can serve caltabos, both cold and hot.
1. The spices will be finely ground, combined to taste.
2. All the material is passed through the shredder, with a sieve with small holes,
together with about 300 g finely chopped onions and hardened beforehand with a tablespoon of lard or 2 tablespoons of butter (until the water that leaves it drops and becomes shiny, without browning).
3. To the mince, add a teaspoon of grated pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of allspice, a teaspoon of sugar (optional), 2-3 cloves well ground in the nut or a teaspoon of grated nutmeg through the grater with small holes, coriander or ground juniper berries, thyme seeds and leaves, at choice, to taste. Who wants to multiply the composition, can add about 100 g of boiled rice with 1/2 l of water boiling over low heat (the grain will absorb the water completely, when it is boiled and will remain whole).
4. To the mince, add 100-200 ml of high-fat soup, from the pot in which the pork head was boiled, mixing everything well, to have the consistency of a pasta and matching the taste with fine salt.
With the help of the spirit or through the mincer, to which the tube for sausages was mounted, the intestines are filled with caltabosi, tying at both ends with thin string.
5. When all the caltabos are ready, put them in hot water or soup (which has boiled) and, without boiling, keep them like this for 50-60 minutes, after which they are removed with a macaroni strainer, pricking from place in place with a thick needle, let the air out, so that it does not crack and let them go for a few minutes in cold water, then sit on the plate.
It is consumed hot or cold. If desired, you can fry a little on both sides before eating hot with polenta or mashed potatoes.
Caltabos and bleeding
Here is another recipe sent to our contest by Corina Doldoran: Caltabos and Sangerete. Participate with your holiday recipes here.
organs: lungs, liver, heart, spleen, kidneys
3 onions chopped in the machine, hardened in 1 tablespoon of lard until they become pasta, without browning at all
salt, pepper, garlic
at choice, allspice or ground coriander, nutmeg
wider pork mats, well cleaned (or purchased) or artificial membranes for butchery
For bleeding, in addition: soft bacon (like the one from the goiter)
fresh blood harvested from pork and rice.
Method of preparation
Boil, without added salt, the head, liver, kidneys, slung, lungs, heart, spleen, tongue, mice and a piece of soft bacon for bleeding.
Allow to boil until the meat is sufficiently cooked. Then remove the organs and meat with a strainer and leave to cool.
Start chopping the meat and cooked organs through a mincer, season with salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
Fill well-washed pork mats (to have no odor) or purchased mats that have been kept in warm water to rehydrate with these compositions and tie at the ends with string, then gather in the form of circle. Boil the caltabos and bloodstains for about 30-40 minutes in the water in which they boiled the organs, over low heat. Carefully remove to a flat surface and allow to cool completely.
It is recommended to be consumed in a short period of time, because they cannot be kept for a long time.
Good appetite !
Caltaboși & # 8211 Chișca de Bucovina. Simple recipe, as our grandparents did
Chisca from Bucovina is a good sister to the caltabos, who in Oltenia is badly called "matz - matze" and chisca means in the end about the same thing in some Slavonic languages, except that it doesn't sound bad to us. The difference between chisca and caltabos is that it also has rice in its composition.
As Christmas knocks at the door, you can't say you didn't have recipes on hand
Let's get to work. I put the pig's head (cut into 4), the organs (liver, lungs, kidneys, heart and spleen) and a few pieces of meat and bacon in a large cauldron, with salt, a few peppercorns, a few onions and some parsley
After they boiled, I took them out and left them to cool.
In the water in which the organs were boiled, the rice is boiled, everyone puts what they consider, I put a little more than half a kilogram on the organs of a pig.
After they cooled, I put them in the meat grinder, I adjusted the salt and pepper, I put the boiled and cooled rice as well.
I mixed all this well, normally cisca is made in the large intestines but those are harder to clean and uglier so I filled the same intestines as sausages.
I tied them at each end and put it to boil, it must be boiled over low heat and before that it must be pricked from place to place with a toothpick so that it does not crack when boiled. After boiling
10 min. I took it out on a wooden bottom
I put another bottom on top and a pot on top to press it.
After it has cooled, it is eaten according to preference, I with bread and mustard, my grandmother, for example, prefers it fried in a pan with polenta, it seems to me a combination that I can't try
Most of them I froze, it's much better boiled kiska after I thaw it than if I had frozen it ready boiled.
A healthy and very tasty alternative for sausages injected with dirt and commercial water.
Holiday recipes: Caltabos
Housewives do not forget the famous Caltabos for the holiday meal. Here is a delicious recipe.
1 pork liver, 1 pork heart, 2 pork lungs, 1 kg lean meat, 2 cups rice, 2 teaspoons thyme, 4 onions, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste, mate from the large intestine
Method of preparation:
The meat is cut into pieces and boiled together with the liver, heart and lungs in lightly salted water.
Finely chop the onion and fry in a little oil. Boil the rice in water with a little salt.
When the meat and organs are cooked, they are passed through a mincer. The resulting paste is mixed with onions and boiled rice and salted and peppered to taste.
The resulting composition is put in matte and tied at the ends.
The resulting caltabos is boiled for about 1 hour in lightly salted water in which 5-6 bay leaves are added.
In order not to crack the mats, they can be imposed with a toothpick from place to place.
Serve as such or fried, with pickles.