Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Cooking Ideas
August 2, 2013
Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
A smoothie for breakfast is one of my favorite ways to start the day. They're easy to make, quick to drink, and packed with nutrients. For an added boost, there's a spoon of chia seeds in this recipe.
Click here to see Quinoa and Beyond: 7 Great Recipes.
Calories Per Serving
- 1 small banana, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup frozen blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 Cups whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Calories Per Serving306
Folate equivalent (total)35µg9%
Have a question about the nutrition data? Let us know.
Best Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Blueberry banana smoothie is yet another option for yummy and fruity, thick goodness to start your day. The freshness of blueberries with a creamy blend of banana just tingles your taste buds for more.
Blueberry smoothies are considered as the king of the breakfast smoothies. Just because of the availability of the blueberries all year either frozen or fresh. The purpose of blueberry smoothies is not just to satisfy your breakfast it can be a healthy substitute for your all-day snacks.
Smoothies may be known to be one of the sweetest drinks out there. All of this sweetness comes from the fruits. In short, the natural sweetening is healthy for the body and helps in weight reduction also. It is the best option for anyone on a diet and has a sweet tooth.
The blueberry banana smoothie recipe we got for you is packed with flavors and nutrients that will give you an instant boost of energy throughout the day. Bananas have the right amount of potassium along with Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants that help in cleaning the body. Similarly, the antioxidants in blueberries help in strengthening internal healthy and also help to fight the diseases that may occur with growing age.
You are going to learn about
How to make a blueberry banana smoothie
Using frozen fruit makes this smoothie super thick and creamy.
Frozen bananas are great for getting that thick ice cream like texture in smoothies.
Frozen blueberries are also one of my favorite fruits to keep on hand for smoothies!
To make this smoothie, add the frozen bananas, frozen blueberries, almond butter, flax seed, and almond milk to a high speed blender.
Blend until thick and creamy.
I purposefully used as little liquid as possible in this smoothie, as I wanted that nice thick consistency.
If you do not have a high powered blender, or want a thinner smoothie, add more almond milk to taste.
Do bananas go well with blueberries?
Bananas and blueberries are the perfect match.
Since both fruits are mildly sweet, you won&rsquot need any added sweetener in this banana and blueberry smoothie.
How do you thicken smoothies?
There are two ways to thicken smoothies &ndash with ice or with frozen fruit.
Frozen bananas are the best fruit for making very thick and creamy smoothies.
Adding ice can be another way to thicken smoothies if you are using fresh fruit, but the texture won&rsquot be quite the same.
Easy, delicious, and always a favorite!
More Smoothie Recipes You Will Love
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- Healthy Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Pie Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
Are you making this recipe? I want to see! Don&rsquot forget to tag me on instagram @buildyourbite and hashtag #buildyourbite with your recipe creations!
Be sure to pin this recipe for later and follow Build Your Bite on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to leave a star rating below!
Refreshing Blueberry and Banana Smoothie
Refreshing Blueberry and Banana Smoothie is a perfect start to your day. Quick & easy recipe using fresh ingredients. Takes minutes to make and seconds to blitz.
Creamy Blueberry and Banana Smoothie. This is a really easy and quick recipe and a great way to enjoy blueberries!
The simplicity of this blueberry and banana smoothie means that it is no effort to make, and what I have managed to do is get a 'milkshake' creaminess, but without using cream or ice cream.
This smoothie recipe is flexible so you can make it as thick or thin a consistency as you wish. I have made it so you can use a straw (so it is not so thick). I've also used soya milk, simply because that is my preference. You can, of course, use regular cow's milk, almond milk, or any milk you prefer. If you want to make the smoothie thicker than I have, simply add less milk than stated. Just add a little, see the consistency, and continue adding enough milk to your preference.
For sweetness, I have added honey, which goes lovely with the banana and blueberry flavor. On occasion, I have used a drizzle of caramel sauce (the type you get for drizzling over ice cream), which was also very nice. The sky's the limit so have fun, and most of all, enjoy your smoothie!
So let's get straight to the recipe and see how to make this delicious blueberry and banana smoothie. Please enjoy!
Super Creamy 5-Ingredient Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Whoever invented smoothies should get a medal. Really. Thanks dude/dudette.
Smoothies are how you get to drink what tastes like the most delicious milkshake ever, and have it be perfectly acceptable, nay good, to have it for breakfast (and I just used the word ‘nay’ – I should get a medal!)
And this blueberry banana smoothie with peanut butter added is the most insanely delicious healthy breakfast you’ve had.
And is it just me or is peanut butter an amazing addition to almost everything?
I’m trying to think of things it wouldn’t be good in, and so far I have: coffee and tea. I don’t think I would like peanut butter in my coffee, or tea.
But seriously, in almost all desserts, a peanut butter option is going to be good. In all ice creams, smoothies, milkshakes, pancakes, cakes, it’s pretty much fab right? And then in savory things too. Do you know that a teaspoon of peanut butter added to your cooked spinach is the bomb!? Well now you do! Next time you have spinach as a side, you know what to do!
So yes, this blueberry banana smoothie adds peanut butter and takes it up a few levels!
You will love this blueberry banana smoothie, it is:
- Ultra smooth
- Packed with blueberries
- Like a double-thick milkshake
- Ready in 10-minutes
- Ideal for breakfast!
Drink up right away as this is all fresh ingredients that will oxidize if you leave it lying around. Fresh is best for this one. Drink it straight away, ice-cold and delicious!
So let us know what you think of this blueberry banana smoothie with peanut butter! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment! And if you make this recipe and take any pics, tag us #lovingitvegan on instagram! We’d love to see!
For more smoothie goodness check out:
And then there’s the blueberry smoothie we made with homemade cashew nut milk that’s pretty much the bomb too, for those who want some more options for dem blueberries!
And sign up for our email list too! You’ll get a free recipe ebook (amazing!) and you’ll stay updated with all our latest recipes posted to the blog.
- To make the smoothie more refreshing, I like to use frozen bananas and/or frozen blueberries. Alternatively, you can use fresh fruits and just add ice cubes.
- When adding ingredients to a blender, always add the liquid first. Doing this will help your blender run easily and it will prevent making lumps.
- Use a high-power blender to ensure everything blends well and the smoothie is silky smooth.
- If you are using dates to sweeten the smoothie, make sure you soak them in warm water for at least 10 minutes. Drain them before using them.
- Make sure you're using ripe bananas, to achieve the wanted sweetness.
- If you're using flaxseeds, make sure you grind them first. That's the best way to make the most of their health benefits. Don't use them whole.
- If you let smoothie overnight, it will become super dense so you may need to add a bit more liquid. Make sure you stir or shake the smoothie after adding the liquid.
- It's packed with health-promoting nutrients.
- It's loaded with superfoods – blueberries, oats, hemp seeds.
- It' has no added sugars.
- It's refreshing, energizing, and quite nutritious.
- It's loaded with heart-healthy, brain-boosting Omega-3s, and fibers.
- It's rich in vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
- It's vegan, gluten-free, and kids love it!
This Blueberry Banana Smoothie is creamy, dreamy, and utterly delicious. The flavors are just amazing. Plus, it’s thick and refreshing and a perfect breakfast for the whole family. Enjoy!
Lets take a quick look at some of the healthy ingredients in this Blueberry Banana Smoothie Recipe:
- MILK: When I make smoothies I use whatever milk I have on hand, which is ally 2%. You can also use any dairy substitute you like. I find oat or almond milk to be a nice option.
- YOGURT: I love using Greek yogurt in smoothies because it adds protein and a tangy flavor. It is also thicker than regular yogurt so it helps the texture of the smoothie. You can use regular yogurt or a flavored yogurt too.
- FRUIT: Today&rsquos smoothie uses banana, blueberries and pomegranate seeds. If you can&rsquot get ahold of pomegranate seeds you can skip that. I like to add them for the extra antioxidants.
- SPINACH: The spinach adds iron and a dose of leafy greens to your day as well as antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can sub in kale if you like or skip the greens.
- HONEY: Honey helps sweeten the smoothie but isn&rsquot something you have to have. With the fruit in the smoothie you will find the it is already pretty sweet.
- CHIA SEEDS: Chia seeds are optional but add antioxidants, protein and fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
I’m trying my best to keep everyone on their routine and adding easy to make recipes to our weekly meal plan. For breakfast, I do love a smoothie bowl but busy days I turn to this easy blueberry banana smoothie recipe!
This creamy smoothie with yogurt is a fun recipe to make on even the busiest days! You can opt for fresh fruit or even just grab a frozen fruit at your grocery store. Scroll down for my easy blueberry bananas smoothie recipe below!
- Easy To Prepare
- Made With Only 4 Ingredients
To make this banana and blueberry smoothie, place the fruits in a high-speed blender, add almond milk and coconut milk. Process until smooth and creamy. Pour into glass jars and drink.
If you make this blueberry banana smoothie, snap a photo and hashtag #healthiersteps — we love to see your recipes on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter!
Tips for making this blueberry banana smoothie
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making this blueberry banana smoothie creamy and delicious:
- Using frozen fruit is best as it helps keeps the smoothie cold and thick. Sometimes ice doesn’t blend as well, so it’s best to skip unless absolutely necessary. If you only have fresh fruit, try adding 1 cup frozen cauliflower as it blends much easier than ice.
- Don’t be afraid to add more liquid if your smoothie is too thick or won’t fully blend. High powered blenders tend to blend frozen fruit much better, so if you have a regular or personal size blender, you may need to add more milk.
- Start the blender on low speed, then gradually increase the speed to high to help blend all ingredients. End with the blender on low speed.