12 Delicious Zucchini Recipes
For when you need some zucchini inspiration
Make the most of zucchini season with these 12 recipes.
Zucchini is available year-round, but it’s best (and most plentiful) at the end of summer. We’re at the point in the season when farmers markets, grocery stores, and gardens are bursting with zucchini. The only problem is coming up with a way to use it all.
Click here to see 12 Delicious Zucchini Recipes (Slideshow)
There’s so much zucchini around these days that we decided it would be the ideal theme for this week’s SWAT (Sharing with a Theme). We put the Culinary Content Network to the test to come up with easy weeknight meals, and here are some of the highlights:
- Michelle of Feed Me I’m Hungry brings us Layered Ratatouille, an easy-to-prepare version of the traditional vegetable stew.
- Jasey of Jasey’s Crazy Daisy brings us Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Brownies, an easy way to sneak some extra vegetables into the day.
- This week’s winning recipe is Crispy Zucchini Sandwiches from Anna at Divine Cuisine. Fried zucchini rounds are the base of this stacked sandwich. Simple enough to make on the fly, this recipe makes for a perfect passed appetizer or even side dish.
All of the recipes featured can be made at home for about $20 or less, excluding the cost of small amounts of basic ingredients such as butter, oil, flour, sugar, salt, pepper, and other dried herbs and spices.
(Credit: Kristie Collado/The Daily Meal)
Healthy Crispy Breaded Zucchini & Squash
Serve these baked “fries” as healthy side dish for your family. Use panko breadcrumbs for an extra crispy outside without the deep-fryer. Click here for the recipe.
(Credit: Peter Block/Feed Your Soul Too)
Click here for more Delicious Zucchini Recipes
Julie Ruggirello is the Recipe Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @TDMRecipeEditor.
Keto Zucchini Recipes – 12 Amazing Side Dishes
Zucchini is a delicious vegetable choice when following a low carb or keto diet. These 12 recipes make zucchini the star, are easy to make, and super delicious! Every recipe has less than 10 grams of carbs per serving and complete nutritional information.
This post contains affiliate links. See our Disclosure Statement for more information.
Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a perfect vegetable for those following low carb and keto diets. It’s very flavorful roasted or grilled with a little salt and pepper, but with the abundance of zucchini that comes our way every summer, that can get a little tiresome.
Thankfully, zucchini is super versatile and works well with so many different flavors as you will see in the delicious recipes below.
This collection of recipes ranges from comfort food, like gratins and baked roll ups, to lighter summer salads and even a zucchini-based dip. Most are gluten free, and quite a few are vegetarian. With such a variety, there is sure to be something for everyone.
1 of 15
Zucchini and Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes make for a healthy, flavorful dinner when filled with savory beans and veggies. Cooking the starchy root in the microwave cuts down on cook time, meaning you can have this fiber-packed meal on the table in just 20 minutes. While the potato is cooking, the black bean filling comes together on the stove. Just before serving, top each potato with white Cheddar cheese, and serve with a lime wedge. And be sure to save any leftovers&mdashthe veggie-bean mixture would be great tucked inside tacos or on top of nachos.
Skillet Zucchini With Onions and Bacon
The Spruce / Diana Rattray
Zucchini is made savory and so delicious when it's cooked in bacon drippings. Zucchini, onions, and bacon are a fabulous flavor combination, and so easy to cook up on your stovetop. Make it as directed, or experiment with the tips and variations provided in this recipe, for more serving and flavor ideas.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
Yield: 4 servings
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
Crisp, tender zucchini sticks oven-roasted to perfection. It’s healthy, nutritious and completely addictive!
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
10 Easy and Healthy Zucchini Recipes
It’s that time of year where the summer gardens are overflowing with zucchini, but now they don’t have to go to waste with these 10 quick and easy recipes. From main dishes, appetizers, and sides, you’ll have a reason to use up every last one of your zucchini supply!
1. One Pot Zucchini Mushroom Pasta – A creamy, hearty pasta dish that you can make in just 20 min. Even the pasta gets cooked in the pot. [GET THE RECIPE.]
2. Zucchini Fritters – These fritters are unbelievably easy to make, low calorie, and the perfect way to sneak in some veggies. [GET THE RECIPE.]
3. Zucchini Pizza Bites – Healthy, nutritious pizza bites that come together in just 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Done. [GET THE RECIPE.]
4. One Pan Lemon Herb Salmon and Zucchini – Quick, easy, and all made on a single pan. And the salmon is packed with so much flavor. It doesn’t get any easier. [GET THE RECIPE.]
5. Baked Zucchini Fries – No one would ever believe that these are completely baked. 135.4 calories per serving. [GET THE RECIPE.]
6. Grilled Lemon Garlic Zucchini – Amazingly crisp-tender zucchini grilled with a lemon butter garlic sauce – a side dish that will go well with anything and everything. [GET THE RECIPE.]
7. Zucchini Shrimp Scampi – Traditional shrimp scampi made into a low-carb dish with zucchini noodles. Only 214.3 calories per serving. [GET THE RECIPE.]
8. Parmesan Zucchini and Corn – So simple yet full of flavor. Sometimes simple is really best. [GET THE RECIPE.]
9. Zucchini Parmesan Crisps – A healthy snack that’s incredibly crunchy, crispy and addicting. [GET THE RECIPE.]
10. Baked Parmesan Zucchini – Crisp, tender zucchini sticks oven-roasted to perfection. [GET THE RECIPE.]
Frequently Asked Zucchini Questions
Depending on the recipe you are preparing, you may want to peel the zucchini first, then trim off the ends and hold the end of the zucchini over the blades of a grater being careful as the zucchini reaches the bottom so you don't hurt yourself. You can use either a box, plank or even food processor.
Yes! You can definitely grate or prep the zucchini ahead of time. Keep it in a sealed air-tight container or plastic bag. I like to also add a paper towel to the plastic bag or container to help with any excess moisture from the zucchini. Properly stored, grated zucchini will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
Best Zucchini Noodle Recipes
I love replacing grains with veggies by using cauliflower rice, broccoli rice, spaghetti squash, and, of course, the almighty zucchini noodle! Whether you’re looking to eat lighter or just want to try something different, I highly recommend trying these fun, colorful “noodles.”
Zucchini Lasagna with Zucchini “Ricotta”
When you think of zucchini noodles, I’m guessing that thin spaghetti-style strands are what come to mind. Well, guess what? Zucchini makes a great replacement for lasagna noodles too! In this lighter version of the classic comfort food, I use a 50/50 mix of thin zucchini planks and regular noodles. Then, I blend more zucchini into a creamy vegan “ricotta” filling.
Spiralized “Rice Noodle” Bowl
Most often, I make this all-veggie “noodle bowl” with spiralized daikon radish, but zucchini noodles work perfectly too. Baked tofu, toasted cashews, avocado, and two punchy sauces make this nourishing bowl pretty substantial, but if you want to make it heartier, use a mix of vermicelli noodles and veggie noodles.
Zucchini Noodle Puttanesca, page 177 of Love & Lemons Every Day
This recipe did the impossible: it got Jack and me to love olives! Here, the olives work alongside capers and sun-dried tomatoes to fill the pasta with briny, savory flavor. The zucchini noodles make it all feel really fresh and light – I always go back for seconds!
Summer Squash and Cherry Tomato Pasta, page 271 of The Love & Lemons Cookbook
Good cooking doesn’t get simpler than this. Toss julienned summer squash with spaghetti, sautéed cherry tomatoes, garlic, and fresh thyme for a mouthwatering summer dinner. Round out the dish with shaved Parmesan cheese, or make it vegan by adding vegan Parmesan or dollops of vegan pesto.
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini
- Quickly peel your zucchini. Leaving some (or all) of the skin is also fine. This only increases the amount of fiber you're getting from your veggies.
- Cut your zucchini into 1/8 to 1/4 inch medallions.
- Quickly dip your medallions into the egg wash.
- Dredge your zucchini slices into the flour mixture.
- Place in aspringform pan, or any other pan that fits comfortably in yourair fryer.
- Spray liberally with a glass oil sprayer or aerosol oil spray
- Cook at 350F for 12 minutes, flipping halfway through the cooking cycle.
Steps To Make Grilled Zucchini1 Slice zucchini into slabs. 2. Combine the salt, herbs and garlic powder.
3.Brush oil over the zucchini. 4. Sprinkle the seasoning over the zucchini.
5. Grill the zucchini 3-5 minutes per side. 6. Drizzle with balsamic.
10 More Easy Zucchini Recipes To Try
- One way to use up leftover grilled zucchini is to make Grilled Zucchini and Onion Naan Pizzas with it!
- My Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipes is one of my favorite ever baking recipes, and if you haven&rsquot tried it, you simply must!
- I like to make zucchini into spiralized noodles, then top them with Chicken Paprika. It&rsquos a lighter way to enjoy comfort food in the summertime.
- My daughters are all about pita pizzas. Adding in ribbons of zucchini give them a bit more healthy balance.
- I also love serving this shaved zucchini ribbon salad as much as possible. It is so fresh and clean and just what I want on a hot summer night.
- This Healthy Zucchini Oat Bread is a great healthy snack for the kids, and in the end of the season, I&rsquoll make it for lunchbox snacks.
- Probably the best way to use up a ton of zucchini is to make Zucchini Casserole. I like to add in a few corn tortillas to soak up the juices.
- And you really can&rsquot go wrong with this ever popular no-cook zucchini noodles with pesto recipe. I always get great feedback on it.
- I like to make zucchini lasagna (without noodles) similar to this one from Downshiftology.
- I have been known to add grilled zucchini to summer cheese boards too.
Thanks so much for reading. If you make this recipe, please come back and let me know how it goes by leaving a star rating and review. I love hearing how it goes.