Food with sour cucumbers
Preparation time: less than 60 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Food with sour cucumbers:
In a frying pan, brown the diced breast, and in another, heat the onion together with the sliced kaiseul. After the meat has been browned, add the onion and the kaiser and the broth diluted with wine. Leave it for 10 minutes, then add 1 more. glass of hot water and let it boil until it drops. Then add the finely chopped garlic and sliced cucumbers or rounds (as you wish). After boiling for a few minutes it is ready.
Serbian rice with chicken
1. Wash the rice in two or three glasses and then put it to harden, in a pan with a little oil, together with the finely chopped onion and the other vegetables, either given through a small grater or cut into rounds. Then add 700 ml of water, bring to the boil until the rice is swallowed. Long grain rice should not be mixed when it is on the fire so that it does not stick or crush the grains.
2. To be even tastier, add salt, a little white pepper and butter and put in the oven for 15 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
3. Separately, clean the chicken, wash, season and put in the oven with a little water and oil. Leave for about 40 minutes. After browning, sprinkle with a little white wine to have a special taste with rice. This dish is served hot with a garnish of sour cucumbers or cabbage salad and garnished with green parsley as desired.
Tongue with mayonnaise and pickles classic recipe
Tongue with mayonnaise and pickles classic recipe. Appetizer salad made of beef or pork served with a homemade mayonnaise sauce with sour cucumbers, similar to remoulade sauce. How and how much does the tongue boil? How to clean beef or pork tongue?
A simple appetizer salad recipe for New Year's Eve or other occasions is tongue with mayonnaise and pickles. The combination of textures and tastes is great! I used to do something similar but I also put grated celery in the sauce & # 8211 recipe here.
It is good for this salad to be prepared a day in advance so that the flavors have time to & # 8222friend & # 8221. The tongue with mayonnaise is kept in the refrigerator, in a closed plastic box.
I mentioned in the introduction of remoulade sauce because it fits perfectly with the boiled tongue. French recipe you can find it here.
And the tartar sauce goes very well with beef or pork tongue. See here how it is prepared.
These two sauces based on mayonnaise also contain other ingredients, in addition to pickles: capers, onions, anchovy fillets, extra mustard, etc. I present you a simplified version of mayonnaise sauce with pickles, from our own production. I can be both pickled cucumbers (recipe here) and also cucumbers in vinegar (Bulgarian recipe here).
1-2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt can be added to this recipe to make mayonnaise lighter.
From the quantities below we obtained approx. 8-10 servings of tongue with mayonnaise and pickles.
Ingredients sour cucumbers & # 8211 cucumbers
- 2.5 kg. fresh garden cucumbers
- 1 good bunch of dried dill sticks (for pickles)
- 1 bunch of dried thyme
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 3 hot peppers
- 2 liters of water
- 75 grams of coarse salt for pickles
How to prepare pickles in the sun
1. Obviously, we start the job with thoroughly washing the cucumbers. I received from my mother a whole box of young cucumbers, most of them in bloom. I used one part to make pickles in the sun, the rest I put in 720ml jars for the winter, following Bulgarian cucumber recipe (click on the link, if you are interested). For both recipes, cucumbers should be washed well, in several cold waters and the top flowers should be broken.
2. After they are well washed and drained, remove the peel from one or both ends of the cucumbers and cut them into a cross. This step is meant to hasten the moment when we will be able to enjoy our pickles in the sun. If you have larger cucumbers (11-14 cm), it is good to cut them at both ends, they will penetrate faster. My cucumbers were 7-10 cm long, I just cut their tails and I cut only that end.
Arrange in a jar and fill with brine
3. As I already mentioned, to make these coveted cucumbers, as they say around us, I used a 4 liter jar. In the picture below you can see the rest of the ingredients used. On the table you can see garlic cloves, dill and dried thyme. At the base of the jar I put a few sprigs of thyme and dried dill inflorescences. I added 2 cloves of garlic, 1 hot pepper cracked lengthwise and I started to arrange the cucumbers. As close as possible, as in tetris, interspersed with the rest of hot peppers, dill, thyme and garlic. From dill, I kept a few solid stems. They helped me fix the cucumbers below the level of the brine.
4. I squeezed the cucumbers well in the jar. You can see in the picture below, they entered 2.46 kg. Who knows, maybe someone stronger could cram 2.5-2.6 kg of raw cucumbers in a 4-liter jar. In no case will 4 kilograms enter, as stated by some recipes for sour cucumbers in the sun on the internet! There is no point in buying more than 2.5 kg of cucumbers for a 4 liter jar. Only if you want to put more jars!
5. Once you have arranged the cucumbers in the jar, fix them well with the preserved dill sticks, placed in the cross.
Note: if you are in a hurry, add a slice of bread on top of the dill sticks. I did not put, vegetables and fruits naturally contain yeast that will start fermentation / pickling, under certain conditions. Be careful, if you choose to add bread, it must be taken out and thrown away the next day!
6. Boil 2 liters of water and add salt. We need 2 tablespoons of coarse salt for pickles or 75 grams, if we can weigh. Mix well until the salt dissolves. Pour the hot brine (not boiling) into the jar, over the cucumbers, until it exceeds their level with 3 good fingers. Almost all the prepared brine came in.
7. Once the jar is filled with cucumbers and brine, cover it lightly, just with a saucer. When the fermentation begins, the liquid will swell and gas will be produced. They must take place out of the jar. We place the jar in a place where it has heat. It is less important if it is in the sun or in the shade, it is more important to be warm. On the other hand, it will certainly be warmer for our cucumbers if we place them on a sunny windowsill than in a pantry away from the sun's rays. I put mine on the terrace table. It was sunny every morning, but in the afternoon it was in the shade.
8. From the next day, if it is hot, we will notice some activity in our jar with pickles in the sun. We can carelessly lift the saucer to look at what's going on, just remember to put it back on immediately. To begin with, we will notice that the liquid is disturbed.
Why is pickle juice in brine disturbed?
As the pickling process intensifies, the liquid in the jar will become more and more opaque. Cucumbers will change their color from green to yellow and the juice around them will be cloudy and milky. It is possible to notice a light foam on the surface. We should not be alarmed, all are normal for fermentation. If you feel like a little food chemistry, keep in mind that through this process, certain carbohydrates, which cucumbers naturally contain, will turn into organic acids. It is mainly lactic acid that will disturb the juice. The by-product will be carbon dioxide, the gases that are released during pickling.
This juice, once the pickling process is finished, will be delicious and we can use it for hardening soups. We just have to boil it separately before adding it to the soup, to stop the activity of the bacteria that cause fermentation.
How long are some pickles in the sun ready?
If it is very hot, we can start checking the pickling stage of the cucumbers from the third day. Attention, we only need to use perfectly clean kitchen utensils! If we taste a cucumber, we do not put it back in the jar, to eliminate any risk of contamination of the rest of the contents with bacteria that have nothing to do there. On the fifth day, my hollowed-out cucumbers, which, as I told you, had both sun and shade, were really ready. Spicy, sour enough and crunchy.
Serving and storage
These curled cucumbers are served cold from the fridge as a salad or snack. It would be fair to include them in salads rather than canned food. They are not suitable to be kept over the winter! A recipe that offers pickles with the same taste, but which keeps well all winter, find here. But beware, pickled cucumbers for the winter do not set in the summer, but only in the second half of October.
Returning to the curled cucumbers: if no flower has formed in the jar (a white puddle above the liquid) and we have enough space in the refrigerator, we can store the whole jar in it. If we don't have room, we can distribute the cucumbers in saucepans with lids, cover them with juice and put them in the fridge. If the juice has a flower, it is best to strain it through a fine sieve and bring it to a boil, to sterilize it. Let the juice cool well, then we can pour it over the cucumbers arranged in smaller pots / jars and store everything in the fridge. Cucumbers will last in the fridge for about 10-12 days, it is good to eat them during this time.
It will not be difficult at all to finish them. They are absolutely delicious and contain only 12 calories per 100 grams, I can not imagine a more innocent snack, from this point of view! Be careful, however, if you suffer from certain ailments, pickles may have a high sodium content for you. 100 grams of pickled cucumbers contain 13% of the recommended daily dose of sodium.
May it be useful to you and for more pickle recipes, click on the picture below.
Food with pickled cucumber sauce
1 smaller chicken
10 sour cucumbers (attention, pickles in salted water, and not cucumbers in vinegar)
1 bunch of green parsley
little green dill
3-4 cloves of garlic
3 medium-sized onions
100 ml oil
Farmec relaunches Gerovital Micellar Waters with modern packaging, & icircn.
Cut the chicken into smaller pieces and wash well with cold water. In a higher saucepan, pour a little oil and let it heat up. The pieces of meat are seasoned with salt and pepper and put in a frying pan. Add salt in moderation, pickles are already salty, you risk spoiling the taste of food. After the chicken has penetrated a little, add the onion cut into scales or as small as possible. Stir occasionally.
Anniversary mix from Mixit.ro: An explosion of fruit, chocolate and.
When the onion is browned too, put the sliced and well drained cucumbers in the pan and mix well again. Add enough water to cover the meat and cucumbers and let it boil. When the amount of water in the pan has decreased and the meat is almost cooked, add the garlic cloves cut in half and the tomato paste diluted with a few tablespoons of pan sauce. If you want the food to be more consistent, dilute a low tablespoon of flour with a little cold water and add it to the food 5 minutes before removing from the heat. After the food is ready, add the finely chopped parsley and dill. This food is not pretentious or nauseating at all. Cucumbers are slightly sour, the sauce is sweet, and the result tastes delicious. The pickle with pickled cucumber sauce is one of my favorite foods.
A little trick: So that the food does not come out too salty, an hour before you start preparing this food, you can leave the pickles to soak in a bowl of water.